OUR SIGNATURE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
What Makes Careers That Matter Unique
Comprehensive Online Program Specifically for Teenagers
Over three months, we develop a unique career plan based on each teenager's personality, talents and values. We then support them for a decade to adapt their plan as they and the world evolve.
Evidence Based Career Guidance
We have interviewed over 200 top leaders with meaningful careers on what works and what doesn't. We have reinforced this with academic research and top thought leadership, and turned it into an accessible program for teenagers.
Meaningful Careers of the Future
We specialize in careers that both make a meaningful contribution to your community and will be relevant well into the future as you and the world evolve.
PROGRAM FACILITATOR AND CAREER COUNSELLOR
I'm Larissa Brown
Why should your teen work with me on career planning:
I get how hard it is to navigate your early career. I got terrible career counselling in high school. I started three different degrees in my early twenties trying to work out what I wanted to do – engineering, then law and then science. None of them felt quite right. Eventually, I found my way to a career that I loved, but I wasted a lot of time and money in the process and I don't want your teen to make the same mistake.
- I have held many senior and fulfilling jobs: I founded and served as CEO of an award-winning NGO. I then followed my passions – and applied my skills – in politics, commencing as a State Director of a significant Australian political party, before moving to the national arena as the federal party’s parliamentary director and then national policy director working out of Australian Parliament House.
- I have personally interviewed 200 of the world's greatest social impact leaders about their careers: My research has taken me to 20 countries and five continents. This includes former Prime Ministers, Nobel Prize Winners, top entrepreneurs and young people making a difference in cities across the globe.
- I have researched at the world's best universities: I hold three master’s degrees at the world's top universities - Cambridge University (UK), the London School of Economics, and The University of Melbourne. I have also worked as a lecturer and research scientist at Australia's top universities.
- I have won major awards for my mentoring work: I have been recognized as a Global Shaper by the Davos World Economic Forum and listed as one of Melbourne's 100 Most Influential People by The Age newspaper. Additionally, I have been honoured as the Australian Young Environmentalist of the Year and the Victorian Young Australian of the Year.
- I care deeply about career planning: I am driven by the question; how can people use their uniqueness to have an impact through their work? I love helping teenagers identify fulfilling, meaningful and impactful careers they can grow into.
How Can We Help You?
I'm a Parent
I'm a parent of a teenager and want to support them to find a fulfilling career.
Three Steps To Career Clarity
Complete Weekly Activities and Attend Weekly Live Classes
Start a ten week journey with our detailed program that matches your teen's personality, strengths, and values with careers of the future.
Grown into a Career You Truly Love
After they finish the program, your teen can join our online community and take part in workshops for the next decade, making sure their career plans stay current in a changing world.
You are a student and you need to pick elective school subjects for next year or further study options for when you graduate, but you are unsure about what career you want to do, and regular career advice just doesn't seem to cut it.
At Careers That Matter, we have taken the world’s best career guidance and turned it into a three month online program to help teenagers like you uncover their unique career potential, choose the right career plan for you, and grow into a career you truly love.
STAY IN TOUCH
Subscribe for updates on our programs to help teenagers grow into careers they truly love.
Careers That Matter acknowledges we work on the Traditional Lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the East Kulin Nations and pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging. We extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We acknowledge their living connection to the Country, their relationship with the land and all living things extending back tens of thousands of years.