Careers That Matter: What We Do
Get clear on who you are, what you want, and how to get there
Entirely Teen Focused
Our comprehensive ten week program takes each teen’s unique personality, talents, and values to develop a bespoke career plan. Students can access our support system and resources for a decade after course completion to adapt their plans as needed.
Evidence Based Career Guidance
Our methodology blends 200+ interviews with top leaders, the latest academic research, and future-focused thought leadership. Throughout the course, we turn high-level takeaways into an accessible program any teenager can understand.
Emphasis on Finding Meaning in a Changing World
With a keen eye for tracking employment trends, we are proud to specialize in preparing teens for the job market of the future. We recognize that in a rapidly changing world, students need a sharp sense of agility to pursue their passions, remain relevant, and contribute to their community.
PROGRAM FACILITATOR AND CAREER COUNSELLOR
I'm Larissa Brown
Why should your teen work with me on career planning:
I get how hard it is to navigate your early career. I got terrible career counselling in high school. I started three different degrees in my early twenties trying to work out what I wanted to do – engineering, then law and then science. None of them felt quite right. Eventually, I found my way to a career that I loved, but I wasted a lot of time and money in the process and I don't want your teen to make the same mistake.
- I have held many senior and fulfilling jobs: I founded and served as CEO of an award-winning NGO. I then followed my passions – and applied my skills – in politics, commencing as a State Director of a significant Australian political party, before moving to the national arena as the federal party’s parliamentary director and then national policy director working out of Australian Parliament House.
- I have personally interviewed 200 of the world's greatest social impact leaders about their careers: My research has taken me to 20 countries and five continents. This includes former Prime Ministers, Nobel Prize Winners, top entrepreneurs and young people making a difference in cities across the globe.
- I have researched at the world's best universities: I hold three master’s degrees at the world's top universities - Cambridge University (UK), the London School of Economics, and The University of Melbourne. I have also worked as a lecturer and research scientist at Australia's top universities.
- I have won major awards for my mentoring work: I have been recognized as a Global Shaper by the Davos World Economic Forum and listed as one of Melbourne's 100 Most Influential People by The Age newspaper. Additionally, I have been honoured as the Australian Young Environmentalist of the Year and the Victorian Young Australian of the Year.
- I care deeply about career planning: I am driven by the question; how can people use their uniqueness to have an impact through their work? I love helping teenagers identify fulfilling, meaningful and impactful careers they can grow into.
How Can We Help You?
I'm a Parent
I'm a parent of a teenager and want to support them to find a fulfilling career.
Free Career Quiz for High School Students
This isn’t a generic personality quiz that leaves you with more questions than answers – we combined interviews with 200+ industry leaders, academic research on professional development, and the latest news from the future of work to kickstart your dream career. Take our 5 minute quiz to get a list of career ideas for your personality type.GO TO QUIZ
Three Steps To Career Clarity
Email Your Parent or Teen An Info Pack
Need help explaining the program to your parent or teen? Let us know their email address and we will send them some information about the program. You can then talk it over together.
Each Teen Flourishs in a Meaningful Career
Adapt, grow, and succeed in your chosen path as you navigate the evolving job market.
You are a student and you need to pick elective school subjects for next year or further study options for when you graduate, but you are unsure about what career you want to do, and regular career advice just doesn't seem to cut it.
At Careers That Matter, we have taken the world’s best career guidance and turned it into a three month online program to help teenagers like you uncover their unique career potential, choose the right career plan for you, and grow into a career you truly love.
STAY IN TOUCH
Subscribe for updates on our programs to help teenagers grow into careers they truly love.
Careers That Matter acknowledges we work on the Traditional Lands of the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the East Kulin Nations and pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging. We extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We acknowledge their living connection to the Country, their relationship with the land and all living things extending back tens of thousands of years.